Monday, November 29, 2010

John Prine




I found this signed John Prine album at a local record store on the same day I found the signed Emmylou Harris LP I wrote about earlier. At the time, I already owned a copy of Common Sense, but decided that the autograph alone was worth the $2 price tag, so I bought another copy.

As you can see by the above picture, John signed the back cover of this 1975 LP with a ballpoint pen, which was still a very common thing to do in the early to mid 1970s before the advent of the Sharpie. He quoted a line from Side A's "Come Back to Us Barbara Lewis Hare Krishna Beauregard," which leads me to believe he was promoting this record at the time that he signed it.

4 comments:

  1. Love, love John Prine - going to see him Saturday in Indy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be a really fun show. It's nice that you get to see him in a theater. I always seem to catch him in outdoor venues where I'm seated far away. He has a great band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! I love John Prine--always have, ever since his very first album. May I use your photos of the album on a blog post I am going to write tomorrow, to be entitled "Common Sense"? My blog is totally non-commercial and I would credit you properly however you want me to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I hope you already used it, even without getting my response. No need to credit me. All I did was take a picture of the cover!

      Delete